Reports to: Head of Project
Duty Station: Harare
Background and Purpose
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, its task to contribute to improvement in the nutritional and income basis for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Sector focus is on, WASH, Food and Nutrition security, Livelihoods and when necessary Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe has entered into a partnership with WFP for the implementation of an Urban Social Assistance Project through a cash based transfer mechanism. The overall objective of the project is to save lives by providing support to 30 000 food insecure and crisis affected people in urban areas of Chegutu and Gweru urban domains. The multi-purpose cash assistance is expected to help offset loss of income due to loss of livelihoods due to shocks and stresses, including the impact of COVID-19 on mobility. The project will give unconditional cash transfers of $12 per person per month over a period of 6 months to cover food and household immediate needs, including soap. In order to successfully implement this project, Welthungerhilfe seeks to recruit for the following position.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- This includes providing the necessary cash flow paperwork and planning the project’s program’s annual and monthly finances;
- Donor reporting as well as advising the Head of projects about various projects financial status;
- Monthly Internal reporting; Procurement, monitoring and correctly processing relief supplies and other equipment particularly in compliance with import regulations, monitoring inventory accounting and physical inventory inspections;
- Partner administration and correct management of project funds. This includes calling up funds, carrying out bank transactions, book keeping and budget control.
Required skills and experience
- At least 5- years’ experience;
- Advanced University degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance or any other related field;
- A master’s degree in related field;
- Experience in leading and managing people in a NGO environment;
- Ability to plan and organise work, to be resourceful and use initiative;
- Ability to track budgets and oversee generation of financial reports;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with relevant stakeholders at district and provincial level;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e- mail, internet;
- Proven report writing skills;
- Excellent communication inter personal and ICT skills;
- Valid class 4 driver’s licence.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Welthungerhilfe does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Shortlisting will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 1 September 2020