Title of position: Finance and Admin Officer
Location of the job: Harare, Zimbabwe
Objectives of the Job:
- To ensure proper maintenance of financial records.
- To provide timely financial information for the Project Manager, CFO and funding agencies ,
- To ensure compliance with the applicable Financial Guidelines, financial management processes and applicable laws and Statutes.
Context (Internal and external influences): (Global influences, environmental / industry demands, organizational mission, etc.)
- Highly dynamic and fluctuating Information Communication Technology industry.
- Highly competitive market with new and established competitors.
- Rapidly changing/advancement of technology, demand for services and innovation.
- High dynamic skills demand and ever growing
- Frequent changes in technology and business strategies.
- Government regulations on the business and keeping regulatory and international standards.
- Involvement on a global level in matters relating to development of products and services
- Regulatory authorities compliance
- Requirement for continuous sales training in our products and services.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
- Monthly Management Reports.
- Weekly reporting.
- Maintain accurate and reconciled accounts receivable documents
- Cahsflow management by accurate bank reconciliations.
Clear outcomes of the activities mentioned earlier on, for example
- Prepare and monitor invoices.
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Update accounts receivable and issue statements.
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations.
- Assist in the process of monthly management accounts according to Group guidelines.
- Assist in reviewing payroll and related expenses.
- Assist MD in preparation of monthly reports.
- Prepare and submit Ad Hoc reports as and when required.
- Have good analytical skills to be able to develop and maintain accounting systems.
Supervisory Complexity/Leadership Complexity/Managerial complexity/Task complexity
- Being a team member and collaborating with staff throughout the group.
- Being able to integrate and work well with other departments on projects and accounts.
- Being able to work without supervision, being goal and task oriented.
Creativities (improvement/innovation inherent)
- Consistently identify external resources the business can engage to drive business objectives across the company.
- To be the reference point on company related accounting information.
- To be creative and dynamic in negotiating with customers and suppliers for better pricing and discounts.
- Intergrity and Confidentiality Attitude.
- Conflict Management Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Decision making
- Report Writing Skills
(Responsibility towards the position)
- Direct reporting; Managing Director
- Direct subordinates; N/A
- Key Reports Internal Weekly Finance Reports, Monthly Financial Reports
- Key Reporting Highlights Cashflow, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Intercompany Loans.
- Relations: Organization-wide.
(Responsibility towards immediate supervisor):
- Direct reports; Daily Cash Flow Reports, Weekly and MonthlyMeetings
- Matrix reports; Cashflow and Variance Analysis Reports
- Key customers, Internal: Managing Director, Group CFO
- Key customers, External: All GuavaPay Employees, shareholders and Partners
- Key suppliers, Senior Management, Executives,
- Relations, Organization-wide,
Independent thought and Judgment:
- In-depth understanding of group and company business model, key investment areas, return on investment motivators
- Determine level and impact of your Finance role in the organisation and within the group.
- Authority to identify opportunities for costs saving in liaison with Managing Director.
- Degree in Accountig, Higher National Diploma or Equivalent Degree
- Certificate or diploma in Business Administration.
- At least two years experience
- Knowledge of Accounting systems( Quickbooks, SAGE, XERO)
- Experience in developing accounting reporting tools
- Extensive knowledge in Accounting
- Extensive knowledge in using Accounting Packages.
- Extensive Knowledge in preparing MIS Reports
Job Specific Competencies (Skills/ Knowledge/ Attributes):
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to develop systems
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Decision Making
- Legislation and Compliance
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- Planning and Budgeting
General working conditions (e.g. shift work, driver’s license, specific tools, special clothing, environmental requirements, etc.)
- General working conditions are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Required to work extra hours including after hours, weekends and public holidays
- Willingness to travel at any time
- Consistently meeting your Reporting deadlines.
- Quality reports and documents which are presentable to Management
How to Apply:
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your latest curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of your qualifications to on emails email@example.com later than Friday 07 August 2020.
Related Jobs (17)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time