Contract Duration: 1 year
Bulawayo Chamber of Small and Medium Enterprises (BCSME) is an association that was established in 2011 and is a member of the Zimbabwe Chamber of Small and Medium Enterprises (ZCSMEs) which is an Apex Body representing the interests of SMEs at a national level.
The BCSME is a provincial structure among other nine provisional chapters initiated by the Government of Zimbabwe through the then Ministry of Small to Medium Scale Enterprise as a vehicle to drive the development of SMEs, represent the interests of SME entrepreneurs, as well as to be the voice of SMEs. The BCSME’s with technical and financial support from a development partner developed a strategic plan to offer new and improved services to its members. The BCSME’s is looking to set up a permanent secretariat to ensure it can offer services that are more responsive to its members. In line with this, the BCSME’s is looking to engage the services of a Finance and Administration Assistant (FAA).
- The Finance and Administration Assistant will be responsible for creating a financial system for BCSMEs, maintaining records for all transactions, preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports and processing reimbursements as well as overseeing the organization’s accounts receivable, accounts payable, and billing, among other financial activities.
- The position is also responsible for soliciting and enlisting new BCSME members, as well as membership renewals.
- The Finance and Administration Assistant will report to the Coordinator.
- Create and update spreadsheet of daily transactions – Member joining fees, Member subscription fees, Other income received from income generating activities, Manage accounts receivable and payable;
- Preparation of budgets and financial reports;
- Maintain reports on financial metrics, including investments, return on assets and growth rates;
- Keep records of invoices and tax payments.
- Manage company’s liabilities (e.g. insurance premium);
- Identify and address account discrepancies;
- Report on financial projections (e.g. liquidity and cash flow);
- Calculation and payment of salaries, allowances, travel claims and other payments to staff;
- Maintenance of cash books and control of disbursements;
- The reconciliation of accounts and disbursements with bank statements;
- Maintenance liaison on financial/administrative issues with local bank officials;
- Ensuring financial support for seminars, workshop, training sessions and meetings is timely delivered.
Suitable candidates must have the following skills, qualifications and qualities
- A degree in the areas of management, finance, accounting, economics or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of finance and administration.
The candidate is also expected to have:
- Hands-on experience with accounting software;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions);
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision;
- Good understanding of accounting procedures and rules;
- Time-management and organization skills;
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a 1-page motivation stating salary expectations and an indication of when one can assume duty if selected. In addition, kindly submit a 3 page CV. Both documents should be on A4 page with normal margins (2.54cm on all sides). Candidates must use font 11 Calibri with 1.15 spacing. The CV must include at 3 references and their contact details.
The documents must be submitted to email@example.com The reference for the email should be FAA Application.
Applications that do not meet the above specifications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, the process is expected to take about 3 weeks.
Deadline: 3 December 2020