Main duties & responsibilities:
- Assist with the establishment and update of a soft filing system in line with the UNICEF file management policies.
- Support the logistics and administration of Education Section’s activities and functions including meetings and other events.
- Assist with drafting of internal and external correspondences as needed.
- Assist with the follow up and monitoring of outstanding DCTs at the Provincial and District levels, including preparing disbursement letters and activity budgets.
- Assist in reviewing and compilating supporting documents and financial reports, including assurance activities.
- Support in assets management within Education Office and undertake periodic inventory exercises
- Take notes during Section meetings
- May required to carry out other specific administrative operational/control tasks for programme operations activities.
Please refer to the attached TOR for more information Finance & Administration Intern (Education).pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Requirements for Intern: Key Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree programme or have graduated within the past two years, in the field of Accounting, Finance, Business Administration and other relevant field.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Outstanding interactive skills with multidisciplinary groups and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English and local language is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office
- Have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to.
This will be a full-time internship, the duration will be for 6 months from date of assumption of duty.
Conditions of Intern:
- Health/Medical insurance: Intern is required to hold valid health/accident insurance. UNICEF accepts no responsibilities for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship whether on or off UNICEF premises.
- Employment: There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship.
- Visa: UNICEF is not responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.
UNICEF will provide all necessary administrative and logistical support according to guidelines for supporting Interns.
Other Internship Costs and Payment Modalities
Daily subsistence Allowance (DSA) for field missions outside Harare will be paid in terms of UN guidelines. Costs for accommodation, meals and incidentals shall not exceed applicable UN daily subsistence allowance (DSA) rates, promulgated by the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC).
Closing Date Sun Feb 16 2020
Related Jobs (12)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time