Trócaire works in partnership with local partner organisations in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where; people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected; basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably; people have control over their own lives; those in power act for the common good.
The Trócaire Zimbabwe Country Office in Harare takes overall responsibility for the implementation of the Zimbabwe country programme. Trócaire works in four thematic areas: Gender Based Violence, Resilience and Sustainable Livelihoods, Civil Society Support and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.The programme works with a portfolio of circa 20 local partner organisations in 5 Provinces.
The Finance Manager’s position offers an opportunity for an experienced anddynamic individual to lead and oversee Trócaire Zimbabwe’s financial management of the team and its’ programmes.
For the candidate with the required experience for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Job Grade & Salary scale: Zimbabwe Salary Scale Grade 6
Reporting to: Country Director, Zimbabwe
Managing: Finance and Administration Team
Department: Finance and Administration
Location: Harare , with field travel to partner organisations and programmes in Zimbabwe
Description of Position: The post is responsible for overseeing financial and administration management of the country office and its programmes .
Contract Duration: The contract will be for a period of two (2) years with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funds
Safeguarding Programme Participants Policy:
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding Programme Participants from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Duties & Responsibilities
Country Strategic Management
- Play an active role on the Country Management Team (CMT) which is responsible for en suring the Zimbabwe programme delivers on its country strategy and vision.
- Lead in the development of the Annual Country Budget, the implementation and review of the Country Strategic Plan, and the Country Operational Plan
- Ensure the use of Trócaire’s internal Financial and MIS systems – Agresso and Salesforce for all partner, project and donor grant management.
- Be part of the development and implementation of the Zimbabwe Institutional Funding strategy by working closely with CMT, Regional Institutional Funding Manager and Programme staff.
- Deliver tailored finance trainings to Trócaire staff and partner organisations as and when
Financial Controls and Reporting
- Work closely with the International Account in Head Office and the wider Finance team to ensure financial management controls and systems in Zimbabwe comply with Trócaire organisational policies and procedures and with widely accepted accounting standards.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts for budget- holders and country management to ensure that management can monitor budget utilisation and take appropriate action on any significant variances.
- Ensure timely & accurate preparation of financial reports for Trócaire Head Quarters.
- Customise the Trócaire finance & budgeting manual in view of meeting all local statutory requirements and other requirements that relate to the local operating environment.
- Closely monitor all country activities and keep the Country Director and international accountant advised of all risks and mitigations pertaining to internal controls or financial management.
- Finalise year end accounts for the external auditors and provide any ad-hoc financial reports as required.
- Play a lead role in managing donor and internal control audits as required and the response and implementation of any recommendations.
- Maintain an effective & efficient system of internal controls which comply with Trócaire’s financial guidelines.
- Ensure adequate controls over cash & bank management are constantly monitored & updated to minimise the risk of fraud or misappropriation.
- Assist with investigations into alleged fraud or irregularities.
- Ensure that all financial records & accounts are compiled timely, accurately and in line with international accounting standards & donor regulations.
- Ensure that the country financial operations comply with legal & statutory requirements e.g. audit & financial reporting to all relevant national authorities.
- Ensure efficient and effective treasury and foreign currency management practices are in place.
- Follow up on the fund/Institutional funds reconciliation process on an ongoing basis until consumption of all related funds.Ensure that an internal final report is prepared with an overview of expenditure.
- Assist the country director in the management of the risk process, including acting as control owner over relevant corporate governance and financial management risks and ensuring that appropriate controls and mitigations are both in place and regularly reviewed.
- Review donor reports ensuring financial information is in line with donor requirements.
Budgeting and Financial Management
- Lead in the preparation and finalisation of country budgets (administration and programme) and manage the process of quarterly budget reviews, revisions and multi annual plans as per internal KPIs.
- Lead the monthly review process with the Country Director using Agresso Business World and ensure follow up of any issues or variances arising.
- Review all budget proposals prior to submission to an institutional donor providing the country programme manager of an opinion on the ability of Trócaire to meet the financial contractual obligations.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the finance function in the Zimbabwe Country Office.
- Attend and actively contribute to Regional and Global Finance meetings as required
- Analyse, prepare and submit, to Trócaire HQ, country cash flow projections in line with various budgets.
- Scrutinise and collate monthly administration budget financial reports and programme tracking reports and submit to Trócaire HQ through the monthly checklist.
- Oversee all requests for financial transfers and track all financial transactions to the various budgets.
- Review all quarterly and annual programme financial reports prepared by finance and programme staff for submission to Trócaire HQ and donors.
- Provide management staff with various financial reports (including budget expenditure, monthly tracking, etc.).
- Liaise regularly and engage extensively with HQ finance department.
- Follow up on the fund/Institutional funds reconciliation process on an ongoing basis until consumption of all related funds.Ensure that an internal final report is prepared with an overview ofexpenditure.
- In consultation with the Country Director and Institutional Funding Advisor, maintain a donor financial management system in order to ensure efficient and accurate reporting to donors.
- Review all budget proposals prior to submission to an Institutional Donor providing the Programme Manager of an opinion on the ability of Trócaire to meet the financial contractual obligations.
- Review donor reports ensuring financial information is in line with donor requirements.
Finance and Governance in Partner Organisation
- Ensure the Finance team in Zimbabwe supports the work of programme staff in reviewing partners’ project financial reports.
- Review the programme accountants quarterly and annual reporting on financial capacity building of partners and partner reviews, follow up to ensure these reports are completed within set timelines and in line with the requirements of the Trócaire partner governance & finance manual.
- Lead a process conducted at country level to appraise partner financial controls and systems with a view to enhancing the partner capacity and ensuring proper stewardship of Trócaire funds.
- Facilitate the preparation and approval of various back donor reports for onward submission.
Human Resource, Administration and staff management/capacity building
- Manage Human Resource policies and procedures across the office, ensuring correct adherence to the HR policies and procedures and local legislation, in close collaboration with the HR department in HQ.
- In consultation with CMT, carry out regular salary bench marking and research at country level, in accordance with Trócaire policy.
- Remain abreast of national law (and its effect on staff) and benchmark against other similar organisations regularly.
- Undertake financial training of the country team to ensure an understanding and awareness of Trócaire’s financial and internal control procedures.
- Manage & support the admin and finance personnel in the Trócaire Zimbabwe office through 6 monthly formal performance reviews and regular one to ones.
- Manage and advise on all administrative issues including; payroll; all statutory compliance and legal /registration issues, procurement and purchasing, asset management & inventory, documentation & data management, service providers, transport, infrastructure & office security.
- Manage IT systems in close collaboration with the country and regional IT team.
- Ensure all admin functions run smoothly and efficiently.
- Oversee the management of the day to day operations of the office functions.
- Support logistics when necessary ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
- Advise and engage with programme and admin personnel on the roll out of a proper procurement system.
Internal Systems and Processes
- Ensure that the global accounting package (Agresso Business World– Agresso finance and HR) is maintained and utilised in an appropriate & effective manner.
- Closely monitor all financial activities, and keep the country director advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial management performance.
- Develop and maintain good professional relationship with colleagues,service providers and staff of other agencies
- Act as one of the bank signatories to the Trócaire bank accounts.
- Reconcile all balance sheet items on a monthly basis, in accordance with Trócaire policies & procedures.
- Ensure sufficient funds are maintained in bank and cash accounts and initiate requests to Head Quarters for additional funds.
- Administer core payroll services including processing monthly payroll and statutory and internal deductions, maintaining payroll records and issuing of monthly pay slips.
- Any other task, which may be assigned from time to time by the CD commensurate with the general thrust of this JD.
Qualifications, Experience, Attributes and Other Requirements specific to the role
- Relevant University degree in accounting, business administration, finance as a minimum in addition to professional accountancy qualifications e.g. CPA , ACCA or CIMA
- Minimum five years profession experience in a finance role (including 3 years in managerial role) in the NGO sector.
- Experience of managing the finances for large budgets including the reviewing and preparation of financial reports.
- Experience of working in a supervisory role or in a technical /advisory capacity.
- Analytical and policy implementation skills
- Sound knowledge of administration and HR systems
- An in-depth knowledge of financial systems and controls.
- Ability to facilitate training and stimulate learning.
- Strong computer literacy skills in word, excel, internet/email and accountancy packages
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative and operate as part of a team
- Be flexible to changing requirements that the role may require.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of reliability, confidentially and honesty
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- A commitment to social justice and the ethos of Trócaire.
Interested candidates must send a detailed CV, cover letter and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 22 June 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (19)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time