(To start immediately)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the above position which has arisen within Basilwizi Trust. Basilwizi is a registered NGO working for a sustainable people driven socio-economic development in the Zambezi valley. This is a one year contract with a prospect of renewal based on resource availability and individual performance.
The purpose of the position is to develop, oversee and monitor finance and administration functions for Basilwizi.
- Develop, implement and monitor financial management systems and budgets;
- Oversee all financial and administration functions of Basilwizi Trust;
- Prepare finance and administration reports to donor partners as well as the board;
- Monitor and provide support on budgetary control to programs staff;
- Develop sound administrative procedures;
- Ensure compliance to the set procedures and policies for Basilwizi Trust;
- Lead in human resources recruitment, management and mentoring;
- Participate in strategic planning in key areas of Basilwizi work;
- Develop, implement and monitor systems that safe guard Basilwizi assets;
- Manage staff directly under supervision using set tools;
- Develop new tools to enhance Basilwizi systems to comply with internationally accepted standards;
- Liaise with the board treasurer as well as auditors in efficient management of Basilwizi resources.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant is expected to have:
- A minimum of a first degree in Accounting from a reputable institution;
- Full CIS or ACCA in the absence of a first degree;
- Membership of an accounting body is a distinct advantage;
- A higher qualification would be an added advantage;
- Appreciation of Human resources practices;
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position with an NGO environment;
- Appreciation of community development and donor procedures a must to have;
- Team player and leader;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
Remuneration and related benefits will be shared only with shortlisted applicants.
Applications, with a detailed CV and certified copies of certificates must reach:
105 Low Density Suburb,
Or scanned and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
Deadline: 15 May 2020