Finance and Administration Officer shall be responsible for financial management; administration and managing human resources policies for the organisation. A local NGO is inviting applications for the position of Finance and Administration Officer. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any related professional accounting qualifications such as CIS, ACCA, CIMA;
- At least two years experience working for an NGO will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrable familiarity and experience with donor regulations;
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Pastel Partner 17;
- Experience with Human Resources management;
- Ability to present financial reports.
- Preparing organizational and project budgets for projects and budgetary control, i.e. ensuring expenditure is compliant to budgets;
- Providing financial advice/guidance to the Executive Director to ensure that strategic decisions with a financial implication are sound;
- Ensure all financial transactions strictly comply with organization policies and with donor contracts / agreements, guidelines and regulations; administration and human resources policies, donor contracts / agreements, guidelines and regulations to ensure that their conduct guarantees compliance at all times;
- Prepare for annual external audits and respond to international auditors if required; manage the external audits and ensure audit recommendations are being implemented; Reporting to the board on financial administration
- Cash management; ensuring that all petty cash transactions comply with the organization’s cash management policy;
- Ensure that all financial records are complete, up to date and filed systematically;
- Accurately enter all daily transactions into the books of accounts, using Pastel Partner 17 and produce relevant reports, present these to the Executive Director and board for review and approval;
- Manage bank accounts and prepare periodic reconciliation statements;
- Scrutinize and release all requisitions for authorization by the Director in accordance with organization’s financial management policies and established approval levels;
- Process payroll, calculate and remit tax and other statutory obligations;
- ZIMRA, NSSA, and complete necessary returns;
- Management of debtors, creditors and ensuring timely payment to all creditors;
- Prepare monthly financial reports of each project for the Executive Director and the Board;
- Perform month- end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reconciliations, PAYE returns, procurement activities in accordance with organization’s procurement policy;
- Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation;
- Responsible for consolidating all the programs and operational transactions for specific donors, for annual reports and for sharing with relevant stakeholders.
Administration & Human Resources
- Manage records, logistics, Ensure statutory returns and renewals are current;
- Manage leases to make sure they are current and amendments are processed as required;
- Maintain asset registers, conducting regular stock control and update accounting records accordingly;
- Maintain personnel files and payroll administration using Belina Time Systems;
- Ensure all equipment is properly functioning;
- Maintain finance and administration files both electronically and physically;
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Director.
Interested candidates should send in a CV and letter of motivation (1 page) to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 22 May 2020