Start Date: As soon as possible
A vacancy has arisen within a local gender and media development organisation for the position of Finance and Administration Officer to support its accounting and bookkeeping needs.
The Finance and Administration Officer’s tasks will include the following:
- Establish and maintain financial accounts, including bookkeeping, for the local office elaborate monthly financial statements including bank and petty cash reconciliation for submission to development partners;
- Elaborate budgets and cash flow forecasts for the funding partners in collaboration with the National Director, and prepare disbursement requests for the organisation;
- Ensure timely payment of suppliers and service providers subject to appropriate documentation;
- Prepare financial Reports for institutional and Project audits and liaise with auditors and act proactively on any other legal, fiscal, or other obligations on the organisation; including bringing such issues to the attention of National Director;
- Ensure compliance with relevant procurement instructions and ensure documentation of relevant procurement processes;
- Monitor budgets;
- Maintain office filing system so as to ensure availability and filing of documentation for compliance with relevant financial procedures and standards;
- Payroll processing, NSSA and ZIMRA returns;
- Administration for various daily task related to daily office operations, including procurement support and attending required events and activities and any other duties that may be assigned.
- A verifiable University degree in Accounting and or relevant field is a must;
- At least three years’ experience in a non-governmental organization set-up with experience;
- Experience with Donor Funded projects;
- High level financial management skills, maturity, a clean record of financial management integrity and traceable references;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the NGO sector and the finance sector is an asset.
- A driver’s licence is an added advantage.
Those that suit the qualifications above should send an application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to both women and men equally.
Deadline: 3 July 2020
Related Jobs (14)
Grants and Compliance Manager – Key Populations Programme on July 2, 2020 Full Time