GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. GOAL has operated in Zimbabwe since 2002 and currently our focus is on Emergency response, Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH activities.
General description of the role
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller, the aim of the role is to help in the grant management of GOAL Zimbabwe, ensuring proper filing of donor documents and financial reporting and management of donors’ audits. This will also include providing support in preparation of monthly management accounts, donor status reports, and year end accounts among others
Summary of Key Duties
- Provide support in preparing monthly management accounts including supporting schedules pack for AFC (Assistant Financial Controller)/FC (Financial Controller) reviews
- To assist the FC in ensuring that effective systems are implemented that facilitate effective financial transactions, recording, posting and timely reporting to management, government and donors.
- To assist the FC in ensuring timely and accurate preparation of monthly accounts consisting of the DSR, Sage inputs and schedules, and supplementary schedules and ensure that all are consistent with all information from prime books of accounts and all duly approved journals.
- To review with the FC for submission to the Head Office.
- Monitor and assist program managers with the financial management of programme budgets including expenditure forecasting and ensuring the Budget Monitoring Tool (BMT) are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide support in the preparation of donor reports.
- Ensure all approved reports are in the file, maintain individual donor files and ensure all the donor checklists for the file are complete.
- Preparation of timely financial reports and information for donors.
- Ensure audit control files are in place and updated monthly or whenever new information becomes available.
- Ensure compliance with all Donors who fund programmes specifically: Ensure timesheets allocation are maintained and up to date for all staff, maintain complete donor files as recommended by GOAL Dublin, in conjunction with the AFC and LC to ensure GOAL procurement procedures are adhered to and all payments are supported by appropriate documentation in line with the Procurement Chart.
- Finance filing and archiving to be organised for ease of access and identification for donor, annual external, internal and revenue audits.
- FCs must ensure there is a system of tracking for the temporary removal of voucher and other documents from their original file be it for staff or audit.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Three-four years’ experience working in a finance role.
- Previous experience in Grant management.
- Work experience in a busy, changing environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English, outgoing personality with excellent communication and training skills.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and if possible have knowledge of Sage desirable or a similar package.
- Ability to implement effective projects sometimes with limited resources.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Deadline: 5 June 2020
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified