DanChurchAid (DCA) is an international organisation working in Zimbabwe through partnership with local organisations.
About the position
A vacancy has arisen within the Sizimele Consortium for Finance & Logistics Assistant. The Sizimele consortium is a 10-member consortium, funded under the Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund (ZRBF) project.
Under the overall supervision of the Sizimele Finance and Administration Officer, the incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting in grant management financial obligations and ensure proper support is given to FAO and programme staff in managing Crisis modification project under UNDP;
- Assist with Bookkeeping and ensure all required reports are done and submitted in a timely manner;
- Assist in Administration and facilitation of special events registration and execution;
- Assist in Procurement as per organisation manual;
- Assist with reports and minutes on finance capacity building initiative for partners and CBOs;
- Check advance payment and clear same transactions and report accordingly in Maconomy;
- Assist in maintaining the Asset register and controlling petty cash payments;
- Assist in managing and reconciling bank/cash and other balance sheet accounts;
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records and provide information when required;
- To help in the preparation of Quarterly financial reports for the donor;
- Assist in ensuring proper documentation for all financial transactions and filing thereof;
- Assist in logistics, launching and implementing procurement procedures and tenders in accordance with the DCA Procurement Manual;
- Assist with reception work and general administration duties;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by FAO.
- At least three years of study completed OR recent graduate holding a BSc in Accounting, Finance, Business, higher National diploma in Accountancy or other related professional fields preferred;
- Good computer literacy in MS Office skills in the use of email, internet, Word and Excel;
- Good attention to detail and a methodical approach to your work; ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Able to accurately undertake basic administrative tasks like document and information collation, filing, creating word documents, simple spreadsheets;
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, within a multicultural setting;
- Good interpersonal and inter-organizational working experience and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders;
- Strong IT skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations;
- Knowledge of humanitarian sector would be beneficial;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of Ndebele language is an asset.
Deadline: 19 June 2020