Reporting to: Chief of Party
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) is a local Zimbabwean organization with over 20 years’ experience in providing technical support to the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) at national and decentralized levels, and in implementing comprehensive, quality and differentiated health programs. OPHID has supported the MOHCC in all the 10 provinces in the past, in program portfolios that included HIV and TB/HIV prevention, care treatment and support; maternal and child health; nutrition and HIV integration; and sexual and reproductive health services for diverse population groups. OPHID is supported by and receives funding from several donors, including PEPFAR through USAID, UNICEF, and AUSAID. OPHID is looking for suitable candidates to take up the above key position within the USAID funded Zimbabwe Assistance Program in Malaria II (ZAPIM II) program, contingent upon funding.
This position is contingent upon grant award. The Finance and Operations Management Specialist is responsible for ensuring project adherence to USG financial rules and regulations, providing quarterly financial reports, including pipeline analysis, and quantitative and qualitative ad hoc financial updates, as requested. S/he has experience managing financial and legal requirements of USG funded activities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, frameworks, and templates to guide the preparation of annual budgets that are aligned to annual work-plans and compliant with funders’ rules and regulations in liaison with the other directors and sub-grantees;
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, frameworks, and templates to guide the tracking of organizational and consortium wide expenditures against budgets;
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, frameworks, and templates to guide the cash-flow management to ensure OPHID and consortium partners have adequate resources to support program implementation;
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, frameworks, and templates for internal and external reporting on finance and operations for the organization and its subrecipients to ensure accurate and correct reporting of financial information.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, frameworks, and templates to guide the identification, management, monitoring, and reporting of fraud and corruption risks within finance and operations for the organization and its subrecipients;
- Represent the program to outside bodies on issues of finance and operations and develop a network for the exchange of information and good practices;
- Lead the setup, customization, and maintenance of the electronic and manual financial management processes (chart of accounts, document flow, document stewardship, filling, retrieval, and disposal process);
- Work with suppliers/vendors and consultants of accounting software to continuously develop information products and reports that simplify, add value, and promote meaningful analysis of financial information, and integration with other internally developed software and systems;
- Oversee the opening, management, and maintenance of all program bank accounts, and maintain regular contact with bank relationship managers to resolve any issues timely.
- Lead the development of new program budgets and annual budgets for the organization and the consortium;
- Lead the preparation of advance cash requests to donors for the consortium, based on program projections, and oversee the correct and accurate treatment of donor income, including disbursements for internal implementation and to subrecipients;
- Oversee organizational and consortium expenditures/payments processes to ensure correct, accurate, timely and compliant treatment of all expenses/payments;
- Oversee the accounting ledgers and the maintenance of accurate and correct accounting information in a format amenable to easy reporting, in line with OPHID policies and procedures.
- Oversee the performance of bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations in line with OPHID policies and procedures;
- Lead the month-end closure activities and ensure all month-end outputs are timely and correctly documented to inform accurate reporting;
- Lead the tracking and control of expenditures within donor approved obligations and budgets through BVA meetings for the organization and the consortium, and make recommendations for corrective action;
- Oversee organizational and consortium tax preparation, filing and reporting to ZIMRA and USAID/PMI as guided by relevant grant agreements;
- Oversee organizational and consortium readiness for audit, coordinate all audit activities with the compliance function and with external auditors, and champion the timely implementation of compliance and audit recommendations;
- Lead the capacity building and coaching of senior management and program staff on financial management;
- Provide timely and accurate financial management/ financial reporting products to internal and external stakeholders in line with organizational policies and grant agreements.
- Support the development and implementation of HR policies in compliance with USAID rules and regulations;
- Support the development, setup, customization, and maintenance of the electronic and manual HR management processes (electronic timesheets, per diem management, document flow, document stewardship, filling/storage, retrieval, and disposal process);
- Oversee the training and orientation of program staff on HR policies and procedures;
- Assure compliance with applicable HR, employment and personnel laws and regulations;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on all HR management processes to support evidence-based decision making by senior management;
- Support the setup, customization, and maintenance of the electronic and manual operations management processes (electronic procurement, document flow, document stewardship, filling, and retrieval process);
- Support adequate, timely, and efficient procurement and deployment of vehicles and transport to support program activities.
- Oversee vehicle and transport management, scheduling, servicing, tracking, insurance, and accident management and recovery processes to minimize program disruption;
- Oversee timely procurement of resources required for program implementation, in line with procurement policies and procedures;
- Oversee the development/procurement, deployment, and training of staff on IT related hardware and software to support efficient and effective operational management of resources;
- Management of all organizational assets in line with organizational policy and USAID/donor rules and regulation;
- Lead the capacity building and coaching of senior management and program staff on operations management;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on all operations management processes to support efficient and evidence-based decision making by senior management.
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in Accounting AND Full Professional Qualification in Accounting such as CIS, ACCA, CIMA or CA;
- Master’s degree or similar professional qualification in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration and Management, Finance, Accounting or related field;
- At least seven years of experience in senior finance and operations management, with financial reporting responsibility;
- Experience managing financial and legal requirements of USG funded activities will be preferred;
- Experience in financial analysis and reporting preferably within health/development programs;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Step 1: Complete the Application Form here.
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
Deadline: 11 December 2020