Zimbabwe Health Interventions is a not for profit human development organisation which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
Working under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant’s primary role is to support the Finance department with financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency in offering an effective clerical support in service delivery.
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure smooth operation of all financial matters;
- Assist in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports;
- Responsible for receiving analyzed monthly bills of mobile phone calls of all staff members, invoice and distribute invoices to concerned staff members;
- Assist in filing of supporting documents/invoices linked to expenditure;
- Assist in accurately and timely key-entering accounting data into the accounting system;
- Maintain custody of cash box during working hours; Perform regular cash counts;
- Ensure that all Petty cash transactions are adequately supported and approved;
- Develop and maintain an updated and easily accessible hard copy and Electronic Finance Office Filing System;
- Assist with payment processing, VAT Claims, end of year preparation and Audit Preparation.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to staff, including interpretation of policies, setting up of systems, trouble shooting and resolution of outstanding issues;
- Work together with the finance team in planning and carrying out trainings on ZHI policies and procedures;
- Conduct other general administrative functions as may be requested in support of the Finance Department.
- BAcc/BCom/BTech degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, coupled with 1 – 3 years post qualification relevant experience;
- Recently Graduate of ACCA, CIMA, ICSA, SAA, IAC, HND or any other relevant professional qualification with 1-3 years post qualification will be relevant;
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grants or other donor funded programs, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds will be an added advantage.
Submit your CV and application letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered
Related Jobs (11)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time