Req Id: 66641
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates Inc., which is implementing the USAID/Zimbabwe Assistance Program in Malaria (ZAPIM) project in Zimbabwe in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (National Malaria Control Program) is seeking the services of Finance Assistant.
Under the supervision of the ZAPIM Finance & Administration Director, the Finance Assistant assists and works in close collaboration with the Accountant in recording and keeping the books of accounts up to date.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepares bank payment forms and submits to the bank
- Files payment vouchers to ensure that files are orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required
- Scans all payment vouchers on a weekly basis and saves them onto the server
- Coordinates with drivers to ensure that all Purchase Orders are duly signed by vendors
- Tracks and follows up staff travel acquittals and reconciles them monthly
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances
- Keeps a register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property
- Assists the ZAPIM Finance & Administration Director in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company
- Any other duties assigned by the Finance & Administration Director
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business, or studying towards a professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or CIS
- Professional experience in Finance and Administration support
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable
- Experience in petty cash management
- Experience in inventory management is desirable
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, etc.
- English language fluency
- (3+) years of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.