Sexual Rights Centre (SRC)
Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Zimbabwe, serves as the Principal Recipient (PR) of the 3-year Global Fund HIV Grant (2018-2020) and provides Fund Administrator support services to the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC), the PR for TB and Malaria grants. As part of its PR role, UNDP implements capacity development (CD) activities to strengthen the systems for health and national institutions. Such capacity development responses are designed based on the needs and priorities of national implementing partners, national stakeholders and aligned to national strategies.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is a Sub Sub Recipient (SSR) under the National AIDS Council and with NAC being the Sub-Recipients (SR) for the Global Fund supported HIV Grant specifically managing HIV/AIDS programmes for selected groups of Key Populations (KPs). The Sexual Rights Centre, (SRC) is a sub sub sub recipient (SSSR) in this implementation arrangement in the global fund HIV grant and has its accountabilities to UNFPA. SRC is a non-profit organization that works to advance the Sexual rights of marginalized Women, Men and Children in Zimbabwe. In this grant SRC is involved with the running of drop in centres for MSM in two cities of Bulawayo and Gweru. The drop in centres are designed to offer a one stop shop for HIV services for MSM to include prevention, treatment, psychosocial support as well as distribution of condoms and lubricants. As part of strengthening its finance functions and improve on segregation of duties in view of an increased work portfolio, SRC is hiring a Finance Assistant who will work directly with the Drop in centres as well as the broader KPs programmes under the auspices of the organization.
The Finance Assistant establishes and maintains efficient finance systems and control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with administrative, human resources and financial rules and procedures.
Major activities of the job
- Preparation of payment vouchers, register of payment vouchers and other payment requests for goods and services received, ensuring valid supporting documents and obtaining authorization and approval;
- Entering of financial transaction in Pastel accounting systems;
- Preparing cheques based on approved payment vouchers and maintain cheques register;
- Facilitating the movement of memos, payment vouchers and cheques for signatories;
- Follow up on staff advances to ensure timely retirement;
- Maintenance of filing systems for payment vouchers, receipts, bank statements;
- Providing assistance to Finance Manager on job related issues;
- Sending confirmation to bank for easy clearing of cheques;
- Preparation of appropriate documentation for banking transactions (bank drafts, transfers, cheques books etc.);
- Banks all receipts and maintains necessary bank deposit documents etc;
- Perform other roles as may be assigned from time to time;
- Support in reconciling the cash book with bank statement.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Professional qualification such as CIS, ACCA, CIMA is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in Accounts and Financial management in development projects.
- Experience of working with international donor agency is an asset;
- Understanding of budgeting, accounting and bookkeeping;
- Experience of using financial software programme;
- Knowledge on Tax & VAT is desired;
- Experience of UNDP funded project will be preferable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Sufficient experience with contemporary accounting systems, auditing and exposure to accounting software and ICT.
- Fluency in English and a local language is a prerequisite
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of financial rules and regulations and accounting principles;
- Strong knowledge and application skills of IT tools and understanding of management systems;
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
- Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions.
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org