ICRISAT seeks application for the position of Finance Associate under East and Southern Africa Program. This position is based at ICRISAT- Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and reports to Finance and Administration Manager.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
The Finance Associate should have strong analytical skills, good knowledge of financial laws and regulations and financial reporting skills to provide feedback that will assist in decision-making.
- Ensure the attainment of reliable financial reports and information to ICRISAT and specific donors through the supervision of the entire Finance Department
- Maintenance and integrity of the accounting system (Sun System) and other internal controls, compliance with donor and statutory obligations
- Payroll administration
- Liaison with banks, ZIMRA and auditor
- Monitoring of budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong preference for study in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Member of Professional Body e.g. ACCA, CIMA or ICAZ
- Hands on Sun system experience
- Proficiency in Accounting Packages, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Fluency in English.
- Good working knowledge of local languages (Ndebele and Shona).
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial accounting standards, policies, and procedures of major international donors such as USAID, DFID, FAO, and UNDP etc.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position for one-year renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 6-November-2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer