Purpose of Position
Support the Finance Officer to provide administrative and financial services in order to ensure that receipts and payments are accurately processed and recorded, program advances are liquidated timeously and in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures and other applicable rules and regulations
In addition, he/she assists with the management and safeguarding of the organisation’s financial resources and records.
Budgeting, Financial Planning and Management Accounting
- Familiarise with the annual work-plans and budgets for OPHID projects to get sufficient knowledge and understanding of the activities and the chart of accounts to enhance the capacity to effectively review requisitions and allocation of expenses.
- Assist the Finance Officer to attend to issues raised in the Budget Variance Analysis meetings pertaining to finance issues such as mis posts.
- Assist the Finance Officer to maintain and coordinate the implementation of OPHID policies and procedures that govern finance and operations (such as the Financial Management Policy and Procedures Manual and the
- Accounting SOP). This is achieved through adhering to the provisions of the policies and procedures when conducting duties, explaining the policy provisions to non-finance staff as well as bringing to the attention of the Finance Officer any challenges.
- Maintain accounting records to ensure the availability of adequate supporting documents for transactions in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures, donor rules and other applicable guidelines.
- Manage staff advances through preparing acquittal journals, recording change and issuing receipts, confirming the advance accounts balances with staff, reconciling the advance accounts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial information. In addition, he/she should escalate any overdue accounts to the Finance Officer to ensure that such amounts will be cleared.
- Perform account reconciliations such as bank account reconciliations and balance sheet account reconciliations in compliance with the OPHID Accounting SOP to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial information.
- Prepare the VAT invoice schedule for review by the Assistant Finance Officer. Ensure that the VAT schedule reconcile with the VAT ledger in the accounting package.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of audits and internal compliance reviews by providing the required information as delegated by the Assistant Finance Officer.
- Assist the Finance Officer to manage cash flow for the organization by preparing the payment registers and draw down schedules for the electronic wallets and bank accounts to ensure that there will be adequate resources to finance payment instructions.
- Prepare payment vouchers in compliance with the provisions of OPHID’s policies and procedures and submit to the Finance Officer for review. If there are any discrepancies these should be brought to the attention of the person who raised the requisition for corrective action.
- Prepare summary of inflows from bank statements and mobile money accounts, allocating funds received on the basis of source documents such as advance cash requests, and acquittals for the review of the Assistant Finance Officer.
- Issue receipts based on the approved schedule of inflows and record the receipt numbers on the appropriate documents.
- Assist the Finance Officer to respond to enquiries from employees on issues pertaining to acquittals as delegated.
Any other duties
- Participate in special projects and assignments as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Officer t/ designated officer from time to time.
Required Professional Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Degree in Accountancy
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations
- Organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- High level of numeracy and ability to pay attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills in Excel and Pastel
How To Apply
Submit your cv and application letter via email to : email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
- Due Date : Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Duration of the Contract: 03 Months fixed term contract.
- Expected start date: 1 March 2020.
Related Jobs (10)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time