Location: Harare Program Area
Duration: One year
Reporting to the Accountant, the graduate intern will be responsible for facilitating timely production of accurate financial reports, capturing accounting transactions timely and accurately; disbursement and receipt of cash resources; banking; maintenance of inventory records and filing of financial records.
- Timely preparation of cheques based on complete and accurately coded payment packages
- Prepare journal entries to record/ correct financial records.
- Prepare cash for banking and ensure correct deposits are made at bank.
- Prepare funds requests based on a positive budget balance.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- File all payment vouchers, journals and receipts sequentially.
- Assist the Accountant in the preparation of monthly financial management reports.
Qualifications And Experience
- Recent graduate with a Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Degree in Accounting, CIS or equivalent qualification
- Proficient in MS Office tools & use of relevant accounting software packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and indicating position applied for to:
Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people.
In this regard, reference and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearances on child related offences in conformity with our Safeguarding Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 18 June 2020.
Plan International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.