Location: Harare – Country Office
Duration: One year
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
The primary objective of these internships is to give recent graduates experience and exposurein the practical aspects of their respective areas of study.
- Prepare complete payment packages and support Country payment requests;
- Perform bank reconciliations; Update stores records with receipts and issues and conduct quarterly inventory verifications;
- Prepare month-end reports, file and reconcile balance sheet accounts for the Country;
- Maintain an easy to access filling system of all finance documents;
- Prepare intercompany transactions for the country;
- Support Cost recovery processes for the Country;
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- Gender equality mainstreaming,
- Child Safeguarding Policy,
- Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience
- A recent Graduate with a Higher National Diploma in Accounting / Degree in Accounting, CIS or equivalent qualification;
- Proficient in MS Office tools & use of relevant accounting software packages;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and indicating position applied for to: email@example.com.
Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference and background checks on applicants will be performed including police clearances on child related offences in conformity with our Safeguarding Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.