Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a registered charity, founded in 1979. Action Contre la Faim operates in 24 countries. The international network of Action Contre la Faim is represented in Paris, London, Madrid, New York and Montreal. Teams in the field combat hunger on four fronts: nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
To ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the ACF financial management framework and local legislation. Responsibilities include being responsible for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting and financial reporting systems, cost-share and related reporting, and ensuring compliance with Donor Rules, financial and accounting rules and regulations
The Head of Finance Department is responsible for:
- Managing and creating the budgetary framework of the mission;
- Making financial and budgetary information available to other departments to facilitate the establishment of the country strategy;
- Producing high quality and timely financial and budgetary contributions to “proposals” and reports for funding bodies;
- Collecting data and writing the financial and budgetary section of proposals and reports to funding bodies and financing plans, and negotiation of the Z1 after validation of Country Director;
- Ensuring that his/her contribution to “proposals” and reports is consistent with the rest of these documents;
- Representing the mission to outside bodies on issues of finance and budget and developing a network for the exchange of information and good practice;
- Disseminating information about accounting procedures throughout the mission and ensuring they are observed ;
- Designing, promulgating and ensuring compliance with cash management procedures across the mission;
- Designing and keeping up to date cash management procedures adapted to local conditions, suggesting alternatives in the light of any changes, authorising and organising the transfer of funds to the bases and Partners;
- Consolidating and approving the treasury forecast of the mission and forwarding it to headquarter;
- Monitoring contractual payments made by funding bodies and signed off in the field;
- Approving the choice of banking establishments, checking their solvency and reliability, securing optimal conditions, approving and requesting the opening and closing of accounts and the adding of signatories according to ACF procedures;
- Promulgation of and compliance with the financial rules of funding bodies;
- Participating in the process of selecting partners and validating the financial risk analysis provided by the base;
- Defining with partners the modes of financial and budgetary management in the framework of joint projects;
- Validating the financial and budgetary aspects of partnership conventions and agreements;
- Identifying risks of fraud and corruption in his/her field of competence and setting up preventive and monitoring mechanisms
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant fields; or a bachelor’s or certified accounting degree;
- Registration as a A full member of a Professional Accounting Body such as CIMA, ACCA and CIS;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, international development assistance programs in developing countries;
- Knowledge of the requirements and experience managing grants from the major emergency donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting.
- Experience of engaging with donors at country strategy levels;
- Experience of and well developed skills in staff management and supervision.
- Proven strong coaching and capacity building skills.
- Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions;
- Experience in finance work experience such budget management, financial reporting, bookkeeping, award management, financial data management…
- Knowledge of use of several accounting packages, comfortable with Excel
Forward Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied for in the email subject to email@example.com
Fill in an application form, using a link that you will get as soon as you email your application.
The link will be send to your application email within 24 hours of you submitting your application.
Deadline: 13 May 2020