Duration: 6 Months
We Effect, an International Swedish NGO with offices in Harare, Zimbabwe, invites applications for the vacant position of Finance Intern. The Intern will provide support to the Country Office finance department.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Preparation of payment vouchers for authorization;
- Timeous filing of payment vouchers and review for completeness;
- Retrieval of vouchers for the finance team, auditors or other parties upon request;
- Recording transactions in the accounting system;
- Preparation of monthly bank and cash reconciliation;
- Conducting stock and inventory counts and Assisting in the preparation of monthly donor reports.
- Recent graduate in Accounting/ Finance with a recognized institution, basic computer knowledge and accounting software proficiency;
- At least 1 year experience in an Accounting department preferably with a not for profit organization;
- An appreciation of internal controls, policies and procedures;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Candidates meeting the requisites for respective vacancy should e-mail their application letters including CVs, with full contact details of at least three traceable professional referees to We Effect firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should clearly indicate the job position in the subject of the e-mail. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We Effect is an equal opportunity organization and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 11 September 2020