Title: Finance Intern
Supervisor: Finance Officer
Duty Station : Harare
Working under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Intern’s primary role will be to support the Finance department with developing a filing system (for both electronic files and hard copy file) as well as ensuring that all transactions are adequately supported.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to process payments and ensure smooth operation of all financial matters.
- Assist in filing of supporting documents/invoices linked to expenditure.
- Ensure that all Petty cash transactions are adequately supported and approved
- Develop an updated and easily accessible hard copy and Electronic Finance Office Filing System
- Assist with payment processing and VAT Claims
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A customer-friendly attitude and an ability to cope with work-related stress
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
- Ability to develop effective work plan and priorities in order to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal customers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, conflict resolutions, policies and procedures.
- Good analytical, numerical and mature problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work.
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in working with Accounting Packages such as Pastel, AccPac, Quick Books or any other Accounting Software
- Ability to manage and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable in working in a multi- cultural setting.
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and respect for diversity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management with diplomacy and firmness.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BAcc/BCom/BTech degree in Accounting or its recognized equivalent.
- At least a year of work-related learning experience
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Deadline: 15 December 2020