Supervisor: KG Principal
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position:
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances, in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent. We seek energetic and organized individuals to support in grounds management of the Bulawayo location.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Intern will be expected to:
- Checking accuracy and completeness of records of business financial transactions;
- Procuring required materials for the location;
- Processing payments and banking timeously;
- Updating inventory and asset registers;
- Checking and complying with systems of internal control in all facilities in the location;
- Working together with the PTA and KG petty cash custodians;
- Updating all petty cash registers and templates;
- Preparing cash counts and cash reconciliations;
- Filing all KG and PTA financial documents;
- Preparing financial summaries for PTA meetings;
- Preparing accruals listing monthly;
- Reconciling debtors end of each month for both KG and PTA;
- Writing receipts against the bank statement daily for both KG and PTA.
Qualifications & Competencies
The Finance Intern must be:
- Studying towards Accounting Diploma/Degree.
To apply for these positions please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 23 March 2020