Salary (full time): $42,002 – $45,879 Salary (full time)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 12 months
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing date: 14 July 2020
Interview date: 20 July 2020
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty.
Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of their dignity and lets injustice thrive. But together we have the power to transform lives.
We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality, justice and love worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
Everyone is equal in the sight of God. For over 70 years, this has inspired us to stand together in solidarity with our most marginalised global neighbours, of all faiths and none.
We push for good nutrition and healthcare for all. We fight the climate crisis and provide urgent help when disasters strike. We work in places of conflict to stand against violence and build lasting peace. And we help people living in poverty to earn a fair wage so they can protect themselves in times of crisis.
Above all, we seek to eradicate extreme poverty by tackling its root causes. Together with people living in poverty, we amplify our voices to speak truth to power and create lasting change.
About the role
This role sits within the Finance role family in the International Department. It is responsible for managing all aspects of the country finance function, which will include financial records, financial reports, budgets, donor funds, internal and external audits and providing financial support to Christian Aid staff. This role will manage other finance and administration staff. The role also manages partner financial capacity and compliance and the administrative functions.
- You will be a qualified accountant with at least 5 years’ experience with intellect or qualifications equivalent to level of degree in Accounting or Full CIS/ACCA.
- You will possess skills and experience in contributing to local Senior Management’s strategy and plans.
- You will be experienced in leading a finance function and of managing a team.
- You will have professional qualification (or equivalent) in Administration, Audit, HR.
- You will have fluency in verbal and written English and one local language.
This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a season ticket loan, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
1. Steward resources
Give us an example of how your skills in managing the available resources and people’s time led to the delivery of quality outcomes on time
- What was the context or situation?
- What was expected of you?
- How did you set about the task? What action(s) did you take?
- What were the results? How did you know you had been successful?
2. Deliver results
Please tell us about a time when you adapted or amended your original decision because it did not produce the expected or desired result?
- What was the context? What was the original decision? Why did it not produce the desired results?
- What was your task?
- What action(s) did you take to review and then adapt the decision? Why? How?
- What was the outcome? What was the impact on you/your team/the organisation?
3. Strive for improvement
Tell us about a time when you evaluated both the benefits and risks to your team, department or organisation of implementing a new idea or way of working and paid particular attention to ways of reducing risk
- What was the context? What drove the need for the new idea or way of working?
- What was your particular task?
- What action(s) did you take? How? Why?
- What were the results? Were you successful? If so, how did you know?
Offered Salary$42,002 - $45,879
Related Jobs (9)
Youth Saving & Lending Action Research Consultancy on August 5, 2020 Consultancy