The Election Resource Centre (ERC) a think tank and advocacy institution on electoral democracy in Zimbabwe, is looking for a Finance and Administration Manager to lead a vibrant and dynamic finance and administration department. The Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director
- Liaise with the Director on organizational cash flow;
- Liaise with donors on all aspects of financial management;
- Develop a plan for on-the-job training for project staff in financial procedures and educate all team members on financial responsibilities;
- Discuss with the Director the structure of the finance team;
- Assist the Director and field management in development of project implementation strategies;
- Identify problems and develop solutions for best financial practice;
- Provide proper supervision, training, guidance and mentoring to ensure smooth financial management.
- Set up and maintenance of the Finance system and development of procedures for tracking income / expenditure in accordance with ERC policies;
- Preparation / review of all forms of financial reports;
- Supervise the preparation of allocations of funding and budgeting of planned expenses;
- Ensure timeous settlement of organisations obligations;
- Communicate budgets and spending authorizations to the programmes team;
- Establish banking arrangements and maintain liaison with principal bankers;
- Develop a plan to minimise exposure to currency fluctuations;
- In consultation with the Administrator/Office Manager establish a payroll structure for staff;
- Manage the day-to-day functioning of the finance section, including cash disbursements, cash receipts, etc;
- Establish an effective filing system which can provide easy access to information and proper documentation of all financial requirements;
- Ensure all typical donor requirements for documentation of expenditures are met to facilitate attribution of expenses to donors when funding is obtained;
- Facilitation and oversight of donor and institutional audits; Define and produce financial reports on utilization of funding to aid senior management in decision- making process;
- Protect ERC assets through maintenance of asset register, internal control and audit procedures;
- Ensure compliance to organisational policies, statutory laws, and donor rules and regulations.
Human Resources Management:
- In consultation with the Office Manager/Administrator develop finance department staff plans;
- Ensure proper competitive recruitment which is well documented to show the choice of selected person and reason;
- Ensuring that all hired staff and consultants have got valid contracts and are held to the terms of their contract.
- Preparation and maintenance of the organisations payroll, making all necessary deductions against staff members’ salaries, ie PAYE, NSSA, medical aid, pensions, as well other advances;
- Ensure proper job evaluation that covers good segregation of duties; Ensure staff performance is evaluated;
- Promote staff career growth and continued learning;
- Ensure staff is motivated to deliver on work objectives;
- Institute disciplinary measures where necessary;
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships with staff as well as foster the same within the organisation;
- Ensure professionalism in the workplace;
- Establishment of procurement procedures and expenditure authorizations.
Qualifications & Experience
- First Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business and a Masters Degree in related fields or an MBA;
- A professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or study towards one will be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of USAID, EU, and FCDO rules and regulations will be a strong added advantage;
- At least 5 years managerial experience in an NGO setting.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should submit an application, clearly marked in the subject line which is being applied for, a CV and motivational letter to: email@example.com
Applications which do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 November 2020