CBZ INSURANCE IS HIRING A FINANCE MANAGER
A great opportunity has opened within CBZ INSURANCE, the short term insurance arm and subsidiary of CBZ HOLDINGS LIMITED for the position of Finance Manager. If you are willing to join a team of insurance professionals providing innovative and effective risk solutions through industry-leading resources, this is a career opening for you.
The role – what we expect from you:
- Assist in the formulation of sound financial strategies to ensure effective and efficient financial management within CBZ Insurance.
- Conduct variance analysis as a cost control measure and revenue tracking.
- Introduce systems, measures and practices to plan and monitor financial performance.
- Provide and present accurate monthly financial statements timeously.
- Monitor and report performance against budget.
- Ensure sufficient working capital is available to meet obligations as they fall due.
- Determine the appropriate funding for the company’s working capital.
- Ensure effective working capital management by reviewing treasury operations and analytical capabilities to enhance value creation and an enhanced understanding of both the Company and industry competitors.
- Develop and monitor credit control mechanisms.
- Carry out investment appraisal of all projects and manage the investment portfolio effectively.
- Compare and determine appropriate return on the Company’s investment portfolio and evaluate the profitability of existing or proposed products.
- Ensure efficient & effective management of the company’s finances.
- Ensure compliance and cooperation with auditors’ requirements.
- Ensure business operations are within the legal framework to avoid penalties from regulators like Zimra, IPEC etc.
- Attend to risk issues.
- Compliance of investments with IPEC guidelines.
- Ensure timely submission of regulatory returns.
- Liaise and negotiate with tax authorities.
- Implement effective structures, systems, policies and procedures to manage the department.
- Provide leadership and guidance to accounting personnel towards attainment of the company’s objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and experience required:
- An Accounting, Finance degree or similar qualification from a recognized and reputable tertiary institution
- A post graduate qualification is essential, i.e. CA, ACCA, CIMA
- MSc, MBA, MBL would be an added advantage
- 5 years relevant working experience
- Strong business acumen with good strategy formulation and implementation skills
- Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Good report writing, presentation and communication skills
- High level of confidentiality
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: email@example.com not later than Thursday, 03 December 2020