NATFORT delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGO) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. NATFORT’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger and a radio – allows consumers to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene-based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
About The Role
As a key member of the Natfort Energy executive management team, the Finance Manager assists on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to management of finance, strategic planning activities, investment analysis and implementation, accounting, tax, legal, human resources, IT, and organizational administration and support, as well as, to ensure necessary and effective controls and procedures remain in place to safe guard all Natfort Energy assets and resources.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Management & Strategy:
- Ensure credibility of finance team and function by providing timely and accurate comparative financial performance reports, analysis of budgets and financial forecasts and profitability analysis, cash flow planning, and development and management both immediate and longer term financing strategy and on-going management.
Collaboration & Support:
- The Finance Manager shall have direct communication and support responsibilities to the Board of Directors through the Finance Director on matters relating to shareholder relationships such as tax planning and compliance, company structure, and Board of Directors reporting, communication and follow-up support.
- Problem solving and creative skills in leading analysis, decision making and priority selection and implementation for high growth opportunities in fast paced industry environment with multiple on- going investment choices and options.
Knowledge & Opportunity:
- Responsible for contributing to the continual improvement of the business’ financial systems through observations and well researched knowledge;
- Keeps track of industry best practices and trends and through acquired knowledge, takes advantage of process and system improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
- Seeking 2+ years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with progressive track-record of professional growth in tasks and responsibilities in a pro- active and corporate growth environment.
- Must possess an extensive knowledge and experience of GAAP and IFRS. Must be registered with an accredited professional institution.
- Experience and exposure in a PAYGO setup and/or Micro Finance Institution and/or community development related environment.
- Must be capable of conveying information and instructions clearly to all stakeholders with the ability to prepare clear, concise, unambiguous, engaging and convincing reports and/or presentations.
- Proven and above reproach professional with impeccable integrity, dependability and strong sense and desire to work in a faith-based and driven team environment.
- A result driven individual able to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines, a creative and strategic thinker.
- Proven ability and experience in mentoring and team development.
- Ability and commitment to succession planning development and action plans for both financial team and assistance with corporate wide plans and initiatives.
How to apply
Email your profile and brief cover note to email@example.com and/or Whatsapp 0776821267.