Reference Number : ECO200611-1
Job Title : Finance Manager
Company : Higher Life Foundation
Reporting To : Finance Director
Job Type Classification : Long Term Contract
Location : Harare, Zimbabwe
Higherlife Foundation is fully committed to delivering on Human Capital Development Strategy which is anchored on 6 strategic Pillars, Education, Health, Girls Empowerment, Leadership & Life Long Development, Job Creation and Sustainable Livelihoods and Faith & Development. The Foundation is looking for a Finance Manager-Reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing accurate financial management reporting information in compliance with IFRS and HLF policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- 6-8 years’ working experience with 2 years in a senior position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent in related field
- Professional qualification such as ACCA or equivalent is a requirement
- Good analytical skills
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, multi skilled & able to interact at senior level.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Key Result Areas
- Prepares the Foundation’s quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in line with the accepted accounting practice and forwards to the Director Finance for approval
- Developing financial management systems, policies and procedures to ensure the organisation complies requisite financial regulations.
- Reviews monthly cash projections in line with funding projections and makes appropriate recommendations to the Finance Director.
- Monitors cash projections and makes appropriate investments recommendations
- Tracks the movement on the Endowment Fund on a weekly basis and takes appropriate action as advised by the Director Finance
- Monitors the receipt of grant from donor and takes corrective action where necessary
- Prepares the monthly Organisation’s reconciliation schedule for review and approval by the Finance Director
- Prepares the consolidated Management Report for circulation and submits to the Finance Director.
- Ensures adherence to Organisation’s Finance and procedure manuals by:
- Checking the completeness of payment documents such as invoices, quotations and supplier selection lists
- Checking and authorising journal entries and ledger reconciliations in the system
- Responds to internal & external audit reports to ensure all queries are handled and solved and that accurate financial statements are produced
- Submits bi-weekly payments request to the Payments Committee for approval
- Identifies Risk within the Finance function across all departments and recommends appropriate action to the Finance Director.
- Reviews statutory payments and returns for the Foundation e.g. Withholding Tax returns.
- Spearhead and monitor alignment of the financial reporting system to objectives of the organisation and IFRS
- Managing relationships with bankers, suppliers,
customers & maintaining a good image of the company
- Managing the company’s borrowing facilities and cashflows
Closing Date : 19-06-2020
Related Jobs (10)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time