Location: Harare and travelling to Bulawayo
Contract Duration: 1 year
The Future of Hope Foundation (TFoHF) is an NGO headquartered in Zimbabwe and founded in 2013. Our Mission is to capacitate, collaborate with, support and mentor marginal and vulnerable members of society through entrepreneurial and self-development initiatives. We facilitate research and training in innovative initiatives that provides for and promote sustainable food, nutrition, and income security to improve the conditions necessary for every member of society to reach their full potential.
The Finance Officer’s tasks will include:
- Accounting data capturing,
- Preparing estimates of expenditure,
- Monitoring budget performance,
- Preparing bank reconciliations,
- Ensure compliance with the statutory obligations,
- Maintain accounting records and books of accounts,
- Ensure that all payments to supplies and / or projects in accordance with relevant project contracts regulations and approved budgets are timeously disbursed;
- Maintain an asset register with Depreciation Cost Factors;
- Prepare financial reports for audits;
- Regular field visits to grant funded project sites to verify that resources are optimally used and to physically verify assets;
- Carry out other duties and functions as may be assigned by the Director.
- A University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields;
- Donor reporting experience;
- Professional qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/CIS, SAAA will be an added advantage;
- 3 years minimum experience preferably in an NGO setup,
- Knowledge of Pastel, QuickBooks and Microsoft excel proficiency.
- Excellent analytical skills and Good communication skills,
- Ability to interpret and work in accordance with laid down procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Energetic approach to problem solving,
- Proficient computer skills and use of relevant software,
- Experience in International NGO systems is considered an advantage.
Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com
Please ensure your email subject clearly reads the position you are applying for.
NB: Only applications sent with the job title in the subject line will be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 June 2020