Reporting to: Head of Finance
Duration: 10 months – Fixed term contract.
A vacancy has arisen within DanChurchAid for Finance Officer based in Harare
Purpose of the Position.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for all project-related financial functions including accounting, payments and banking, financial reporting and compliance with both donor regulations and DCA internal policies and procedures. The incumbent will also provide support to programme team, ensuring efficient and effective use of resources. The incumbent will work closely with the Head of Finance (HOF) and Programme officers and partners. The projects he/she will be involved is humanitarian in nature, specifically targeting low-income urban and peri-urban domains.
- Keeping of accurate records of all daily transactions
- Preparing balance sheets and processing invoices
- Procurement of project assets as per organisation manual
- Maintaining an overview of finances of the project implemented by the DCA Zimbabwe Office;
- Ensuring quality and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and end of contract financial reports and audits
- Provide financial support to partners
- Conduct partner monitoring visits to check on compliance;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
- A degree in Accounting, Business and Administration or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in Financial management positions in NGOs or International agencies;
- Ability to manage large and complex donor funded programmes/projects;
- Team player, able to work in multi-cultural and multi-national environments;
- Excellent analytic and numeric skills
- Excellent interpersonal and inter-organizational working experience and collaborating
- closely with multi-level stakeholders and donors;
- Sharp time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of ECHO-funded programmes is an added advantage
Deadline: 6 March 2020