Start Date: April 2020
A vacancy has arisen within an international media development organisation that is supporting local civil society organisations in implementing a two year programme that promotes community and citizen access to information and participation in the development and governance processes in Zimbabwe. As such the organisation is recruiting a Finance Officer to support the accounting and bookkeeping needs related to the local office, as well as support to local partner organizations in Zimbabwe particularly with regards to financial management and reporting.
The Finance Officer’s tasks will include the following:
- Establish and maintain financial accounts, including bookkeeping, for the local office elaborate monthly financial statements incl. bank and petty cash reconciliation for submission to HQ;
- Elaborate budgets and cash flow forecasts for the HQ in collaboration with the Finance Manager, and prepare disbursement requests for the organisation;
- Ensure timely payment of suppliers and service providers subject to appropriate documentation;
- Prepare financial Reports for the local Harare office for local audit and liaise with auditors and act proactively on any other legal, fiscal, or other obligations on the organisation; including bringing such issues to the attention of HQ;
- Ensure compliance with relevant procurement instructions and ensure documentation of relevant procurement processes;
- Monitor budgets;
- Maintain office filing system so as to ensure availability and filing of documentation for compliance with relevant financial procedures and standards;
- Support timely programme partner system assessments, compliance, monitoring and reporting;
- Provide training and other support to local partners in Zimbabwe related to the organisation’s administrative and financial requirements;
- Budgeting, accounting/bookkeeping, and general administration, as well as procurement and financial reporting adhering to international standards and formats,
- Scrutinize and quality assure financial reports and supporting documentation submitted by local partners in Zimbabwe, and make recommendations to HQ on compliance and quality of financial reporting, with special attention to the most vulnerable partners;
- Monitor context and provide strategic advice to Management and local partners on context related financial and accounting matters from time to time;
- Contribute to various daily task related to daily office operations and any other duties as may be assigned by the Programme Manager, including procurement support and attending required events and activities among other duties.
- A verifiable University degree in Accounting and or relevant field is a must;
- At least three years’ experience in a non-governmental organization set-up with experience in an International organisation being an added advantage;
- Experience with Donor Funded projects;
- High level financial management skills, maturity, a clean record of financial management integrity and traceable references;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the NGO sector and the finance sector is an asset.
Those that suit the qualifications above should send an application letter and a detailed CurriculumVitae with at least three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org on
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to both women and men equally.
Deadline: 15 March 2020
Related Jobs (10)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract
Senior Finance and Subgrants Officer – Advocacy and Lobbying on September 15, 2020 Full Time