Duration: 12 Months
Nutrition Action Zimbabwe a local based NGO in partnership with Action Contre-la Faim is seeking to recruit for the following vacancies to support implementation of an emergency program in Chiredzi, Mwenezi and Mutare Rural
Please note that this recruitment is in anticipation of expected funds
Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all financial matters:
- Processing payments to vendors, staff and consultants;
- Ensure that all financial data for the office is recorded in the financial system accurately, timely and completely.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of the data in the financial database. This includes and not limited to reviewing, analysis of the various general ledger accounts and alert relevant staff of any irregularities.
- Reviewing petty cash for the capital office and ensuring timely replenishment.
- Ensuring that all transactions are adequately authorized and properly supported.
- Assist with ensuring that all month-end entries are captured in the accounting system.
- Initiating payments for processing in the accounting and banking systems.
- Compiling of monthly Tax payments for remittance.
- Sending of payment confirmation to the Administration team and following up on invoices and receipts for processed payments.
- Perform monthly review of receivable accounts and follow up on long outstanding advances to ensure timely reconciliations and recommend appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to technical staff, including interpretation of policies, setting up of systems and resolution of outstanding issues.
- Assist with the preparation of month-end close reports.
- Conduct other general finance office functions as may be requested.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A customer-friendly attitude and an ability to cope with work-related stress.
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
- Ability to develop effective work plans and priorities in order to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationships with key internal customers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, conflict resolutions, policies and procedures.
- Good analytical, numerical and mature problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work.
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in working with Accounting Packages such as Pastel, AccPac, Quickbooks or any other Accounting Software.
- Ability to manage and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable in working in a multicultural setting.
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and respect for diversity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management with diplomacy and firmness.
Qualifications and requirements
- BAcc/BCom/BTech degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, coupled with 1 – 3 years post qualification relevant experience.
- Recent graduates of ACCA, CIMA, ICSA, SAA, IAC or any other relevant professional qualification with 1-3 years post qualification will be relevant.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government grants or other donor funded programs.
Applications and detailed curriculum vitae with the position clearly highlighted in the subject line can be sent out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 27 March 2020 (COD)