An opportunity has arisen within a local NGO which is seeking the services of a Finance Officer. The organization has been in operation for more than 20 years.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager through generating donor reports in accordance with donor contractual obligations. The officer will be based in Harare reporting to the Finance and Admin Manager.
The Finance officer will be responsible for:
- Capturing financial transactions in the system,
- Reconciling and maintaining ledger accounts,
- Preparing journal entries,
- Updating fixed assets register;
- Preparing bank reconciliations;
- Maintenance of financial records;
- Assisting in preparation of budgets;
- Preparation of donor expenditure reports;
- Reviewing financial reports and operations of consortia partners;
- Implementation of Financial Policies;
- Participates in financial audits and donor compliance checks;
- Conduct stock counts and subsequent reconciliation of stock;
- Processing payroll.
Qualifications and Experience
The Finance Officer must have:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting;
- ACCA/CIS and CIMA is an added advantage;
- Experience in using Pastel Evolution a must;
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
Interested applicants to direct their applications and CVs to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 16 June 2020