Duration: 1 year
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years.
Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
The primary objective of this internship is to give undergraduates experience in the practical aspects of their respective areas of study.
- Processing of payments and supporting the whole finance team payments processes;
- Assisting with bank reconciliations;
- Reconciling and reviewing Petty cash transaction in line with Petty Cash Management policies;
- Financial statements preparation and application of accounting standards;
- Ensuring that all documents are Audit ready;
- Processing payments and journals & timely liquidations of advances in SAP;
- Facilitating financial reporting and compliance to approved formats, periods i.e. quarterly, monthly or annually.
Entry qualifications and experience
- Currently studying towards a Diploma or Degree in Accounting;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows/Office environment;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and indicating position applied for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline: 10 November 2020