Salary (full time): $16,142 – $18,064 Salary (full time)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 12 months
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing date: 30 September 2020
Interview date: 6 October 2020
Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. Poverty is an outrage against humanity. It robs people of their dignity and lets injustice thrive. But together we have the power to transform lives. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality, justice and love worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart. Everyone is equal in the sight of God. For over 70 years, this has inspired us to stand together in solidarity with our most marginalised global neighbours, of all faiths and none. We push for good nutrition and healthcare for all. We fight the climate crisis and provide urgent help when disasters strike. We work in places of conflict to stand against violence and build lasting peace. And we help people living in poverty to earn a fair wage so they can protect themselves in times of crisis. Above all, we seek to eradicate extreme poverty by tackling its root causes. Together with people living in poverty, we amplify our voices to speak truth to power and create lasting change.
The role will be responsible for managing the finance and administration function of Christian Aid Zimbabwe’s Evidence and Collaboration for Development (ECID) Project in the Zimbabwe office and will support partners financial monitoring and capacity strengthening. Working together with our local partners and Programme staff, this role will ensure that financial budgeting is efficiently monitored and reporting both internally and externally is conducted accurately and in a timely manner. The role will also support partner financial capacity.
Duties for the Finance Support Officer will include ensuring that:
- Cash, bank books, reports and other financial documentation is maintained in an accurate and timely manner for the ECID Project;
- Local budgets and donor funded programmes are reviewed regularly and corrective action taken, as necessary;
- Christian Aid and donor financial policies and procedures are complied with both within CA and partner organizations;
- Support CA Admin team and Partners on procurement policy implementation (Quotes request, order forms preparation and placement, etc.);
- Basic clerical duties such as filing are conducted accurately and timely with due care and attention;
- Partner staff are supported in financial management, monitoring and technical capacity building;
- Good relationships with third parties, suppliers and partners are maintained through positive communication;
- Internal, external and donor reporting and audits are supported, and any actions dealt with.
- A degree in Finance/Accounting or Full Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CIS);
- Specialized knowledge of institutional donor finance procedures and requirements;
- Verbal and written fluency in English;
- Proven ability to address a range of basic financial issues;
- At least 2 years’ experience in working in the non-profit sector;
- At least clean class 4 driver’s license with over 2 years’ experience.
Further information: This is a one-year fixed term contract, renewable depending on performance and funding availability. The role requires applicants to have the right to work in Zimbabwe. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce; we welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion, or belief.
To access the full application package and apply online please visit: https://jobs.christianaid.org.uk/vacancy/3028/description
CVs will not be accepted
For enquiries regarding this vacancy, email zimbabwe-Jobs@christian-aid.org
Offered Salary$16,142 - $18,064