A leading manufacturer is inviting suitably qualified persons for a position of Financial Accountant based in Harare
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Ensuring all statutory returns are prepared and submitted on or before due dates.
- Supervision of monthly ledger reconciliations and ensure timeous clearing of reconciling items.
- Cashflow planning and payment of suppliers.
- Reviewing and posting of journals and ensuring they are accurate.
- Coordinate both internal and external audits and ensure all issues raised are closed on time.
- Risk assessment and implementation of internal controls.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual reports.
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting.
- Ensuring Accounting standards and policies are adhered to.
- Regular development and review of SOP’s and work instruction.
- Proactively identify new initiatives that could benefit the organisation.
- Supervision of subordinate staff.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Accounting Field
- Must possess a degree in Accounting/ Finance
- A full CIS, CIMA, or ACCA
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word etc.
- Knowledge of Navision package is an added advantage
- Must demonstrate solid organisational skills
- An honest, accurate and a person with integrity is required.
Applications including detailed CVs indicating salary expectations to be emailed to;
Closing Date: Friday 26 June 2020.