CBZ INSURANCE IS HIRING A FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
A great opportunity has opened within CBZ INSURANCE, the short term insurance arm and subsidiary of CBZ HOLDINGS LIMITED for the position of Financial Accountant. If you are willing to join a team of insurance professionals providing innovative and effective risk solutions through industry-leading resources, this is a career opening for you.
The role – what we expect from you:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends as prescribed by IFRS or as requested by management.
- Produce annual Report in accordance to IFRS and other regulatory authorities.
- Report and interpret the effect of changes in IFRS to the Company’s financial reporting.
- Review and improve financial reporting processes in line with the reporting norms and requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial accounting analysis reports for EXCO.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and exceptional reports to ensure financial data is accurate and complete.
- Prepare quarterly, half year and annual financial reports for management.
- Track transactions posted in the accounting system to ensure data integrity.
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with all statutory requirements, ZIMRA, RBZ, IPEC, etc.
- Maintain an accurate and updated documentation of Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Identify and monitor liquidity risk, financial risk, operational risk, interest rate risk, etc.
- Monitor & report on investment portfolio performance to ensure that reward and risk are always in line with the Company’s policy.
- Identify and monitor financial and operational risks in financial data posted in the Accounting Information System to preserve data integrity and safety.
- Ensure inter-company reconciliations are up-to-date and paid up for.
- Ensure creditors and statutory payments are paid on time.
- Put in place job descriptions accompanied by performance targets.
- Identify training needs & facilitate necessary training.
- Counsel and discipline staff.
- Maintain healthy industrial relations climate.
- Motivate staff to achieve greater productivity.
- Conduct regular performance reviews.
Qualifications, Skills and experience required:
- An Accounting, Finance degree or similar qualification from a recognized and reputable tertiary institution
- A post graduate qualification is desirable, i.e. CA, ACCA, CIMA,
- 5 years’ relevant post-graduation experience
- Ability to interpret and communicate legislative provisions; regulatory requirements.
- Adequate knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Good communication skills and ability to relate at all levels
- Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others.
- Be able to work under pressure and within strict deadlines.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
If you meet the above criteria, you are the ideal person we are looking for. If you wish to be considered for this career opportunity email your detailed CV and proof of qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday, 03 December 2020