This role is initially based in Harare and is expected to relocate to the Lowveld HQ at some stage in the future. You must be prepared to relocate.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and Chief Operations Officer, the Grants & Finance Manager is responsible for the setup and management of the entire accounting system for the Organisation, including budgeting & cashflow projections and revisions; preparation of pre-
The GFM is to ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reconciliations and reports are submitted in timely fashion and that all contractual obligations are met in relation to financial reporting requirements of various donor projects. The GFM will be responsible for ensuring project activities are achieved within agreed budgets and according to the Organisation’s internal controls and policies as well as the relevant donor regulations for different projects.
The NGO is well funded by Donor support.
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Relevant degree or diploma in Finance or Accounting. CA/CIMA/ACCA.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in financial management or account administration.
- Knowledge of USAID and / or EU financial procedures on procurement, accounting and contracting is preferable but not essential.
- Proficiency in the use of MS-
Excel, Pastel and Bellina Payroll software packages is essential.
- Strong strategic planning, analytical, problem-
solving, coordination & communication skills.
- Exceptional numerical proficiency, strong work ethic, inscrutable integrity and attention to detail.
- Candidate must be highly organised and capable of working towards and meeting multiple deadlines inherent to administration of donor grants.
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of trainings.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines, with minimum supervision is critical.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using standard computer software, especially Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Power-
The role is offered on a 4-