Closing Date: 2020/12/03
Reference Number: TSE201123-4
Job Title: Fleet Controller
Business Unit / Division: Tsebo Zimbabwe
Job Type Classification: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Keeping accurate compliance records and ensuring successful completion of audits
- Advice and guide to operators and managers on fleet compliance issues, van inspections and driver compliance
- Oversight of dispensing of fuel to SCB driver and staff
- Arranging restocking of fuel on time and ensuring the Bank does not run out of fuel
- Reconciliation of monthly fuel drawdowns by drivers and staff
- Providing HR/ Audit with staff monthly drawdowns for payroll deductions and recovery on time
- Analysis of fuel use patterns and provide necessary advice to relevant head/ superior
- Work closely with property to dispose of decommissioned Bank assets and keep inventory of all decommissioned bank assets
- Arrange for timeous disposal of these assets through appropriate bank channels i.e. external or internal auctions
- Technical oversight on quotations received particularly for maintenance projects
- Responsible for sourcing quotations for works to be done, preparing comparison reports and recommendations
- Act as a clerk of works on bank projects when required and responsible for preparing BOQs on small bank projects
- May be required to assist with any other duties that may be outside scope of responsibility.
Skills and Competencies
- At least 2 years’ post qualifying experience
- Proven experience as a Junior Officer, Administrative role or similar role in real estate or equivalent level of competence within a similar corporate environment
- Excellent computer skills (to handle electronic data) and business knowledge will be integral due to the breadth of information they will oversee
- Strong at developing, maintaining and managing a relationship with suppliers, internal customers and other key stakeholders at all organizational levels
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans.
- Initiative & Committed
- Minimum O Level
- A Certificate / Diploma or equivalent Quantity Surveying qualification
- Accounting background essential
- Driver’s license
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.