Location: Bulawayo, Umguza, Bubi, Nkayi, Umzingwane
Duration: 1 year
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response. Welthungerhilfe is urgently recruiting for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies.
Welthungerhilfe together with Community Technology Development Organisation and Agricultural Partnerships Trust are implementing a programme titled, Matabeleland Enhanced Livelihoods Agriculture and Nutrition Adaptation (MELANA) under the UNDP managed Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund ZRBF001- 2016. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to increased capacities of communities, to protect development gains and achieve improved well-being outcomes in the face of shocks and stresses. This will be achieved through improving the absorptive, adaptive and transformative capacities of at-risk communities. The project is operational in Nkayi, Bubi, Umguza districts of Matabeleland North and Umzingwane district of Matabeleland South province.
- To assist Monitoring and Evaluation officers in developing M&E plans, procedures for monitoring each level of the logframe;
- Undertake project progress monitoring and reporting;
- Support in developing of monitoring tools, data collection procedures (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking; data flow charts, M&E manuals)
Qualifications and skills required
- Recent undergraduate degree program in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics and Research or any related field;
- Experience in database management is essential;
- Ability to ride a motorbike is a prerequisite.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills ;
- Great team work and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer.
During the entire recruitment process, Welthungerhilfe will not charge a fee nor will we require payment to be made for any application to be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31 December 2020