CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The Intern will be responsible for receiving, transferring, transmitting calls as well as to receive visitors for the CARE Masvingo Sub Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles incoming and outgoing calls on the switchboard.
- Maintains and update the staff extension phone list.
- Receives and directs visitors to respective departments.
- Creates and maintains a hospitable reception area.
- Prints and avails CARE forms such as Travel Authority, Petty Cash, Advance and liquidation forms to staff.
- Receives, records, sorts and distributes internal and external mail.
- Provides interview candidates Application to Recruitment forms prior to interview as directed by Human Resources staff.
- Makes Boardroom bookings for meetings at the Sub Office.
- Maintains registers and tender boxes and serves tender vendors accordingly.
- Requisitioning administration requests in PeopleSoft
- Provides administration support.
- Degree in Administration or equivalent
- 1 year working experience in secretarial/administration or equivalent
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent command of English oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
Deadline: 15 July 2020
Related Jobs (8)
Finance and Admin Assistant (Beitbridge, Matobo, NyamiNyami) – (200005GI) on September 17, 2020 Contract