Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the position of Full Stack Developer which has arisen within the Technology Services Department.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Evaluates current technologies and deliver software systems that meets the latest standards.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among others:
- Deliver across the entire software life cycle —concept, design, build, deploy, test, release and support.
- Working directly with systems developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products.
- Write clean and healthy structured, well documented Software Systems applications’ code
- To build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team
- To deliver Enterprise applications code which is well tested and consistently error free
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional Enterprise application solutions
- To proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies.
- To maintain and actively contribute to a list of innovation and research projects.
- Working along other systems developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the software systems
- Working with the Software Systems’ developers to build robust APIs and integrate to Third Party Systems • Optimizing performance for the enterprise applications.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in enterprise applications.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholder
- Build reusable libraries and code artifacts.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Honours Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Informatics
- Java SE Certification.
- At least One enterprise framework certification e.g. J2EE, Spring.
- At least two (2) years experience in Application Development. Experience in the following is a mandatory
- System integration/application rationalization/standardization.
- Strong 00 design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ Spring)
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology (Scrum, Continuous Integration, and etc).
- Hands-on Agile development is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of REST, GraphQL and SOAR
- 2+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment
- Agile/Scrum development cycle understanding
- Thorough understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or similar technologies
- Excellent coding skill in Java, C++, Nodejs, and/or Python
- Proficiency in Linux environment.
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Experience in test automation and test-driven development
- Experience with AWS/EC2, or other cloud services
- Hadoop, HBase, and/or MapReduce experience
- Experience with Play framework
- Understand, experience, or desire to learn Node.js
- Experience on source code version control systems GIT/Stash.
- Experience on build and integration toots including Jenkins, auto deployment tools
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to email@example.com with the title, Full Stack Developer clearly written in the subject line.
Closing date for all applications is 13 July 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will contacted.
Related Jobs (12)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time