Supervisor: Family Care Coordinator
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances, in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent. We seek energetic and organized individuals to support ground management of the Bulawayo location.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Gardener will be expected to:
- Planting flowers, trees and bushes in the village and administration block;
- Dispose waste matter and litter timeously;
- Manage the greenhouse to produce plants for sale;
- Advising mothers and children on the layout and care for their gardens;
- Provide manual assistance to the mothers and children whenever necessary;
- Carry out duties in an exemplary manner there acting as role models to children and youths;
- Train children and youths on practical skills;
- Teach children and youths on life skills;
- Ensure that grounds are maintained neatly to the required standards;
- Clean public areas of the village;
- Be familiar with the SOS statutes and background of the organisation;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications & Competencies
The Gardener must have:
- 5 Ordinary level passes including English;
- Training in landscaping and gardening;
- Have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Be able to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other co-workers;
- Should be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, self-directed and assertive.
To apply for this position please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 23 March 2020
Related Jobs (25)
District Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer on September 21, 2020 Full Time
IRS20133_Agricultural Economist (Associate Scientist) on September 21, 2020 Contract
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy