Our client is a large Construction Company based in Lilongwe, Malawi. They are seeking to hire an experienced General Building Foreman for a multistory project in Lilongwe.
- The General Foreman is the liaison between the contractor’s management team and the contractor’s personnel on site, client’s representatives and other authorities on site or regional office.
- Work very closely with all teams to ensure that the project completes successfully and within budget. In conjunction with the Site Agent
- Coming up with the construction schedules.
to- day site operations on site to ensure that quality and short- term schedules are achieved.
- Coordinating with the Site Agent and Project Manager to ensure that long-
term goals are achieved
- Managing the Foremen on site. The foremen are directly responsible for the workers, however, the General Foreman will drive the relationship and determine what needs to be done.
- The General Foreman will perform some Human Resource duties including hiring and disciplining site employees.
- Prepare construction schedule for project in conjunction with the Project Manager and user client.
- Estimate consumables such as fuel, nails, blue gum poles, site hut materials, etc.
- Prepare and place orders for timely procurement of materials, plant and equipment.
- In conjunction with the Foremen, accomplish construction, Human Resource objectives by determining requirements for each site, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Determine plant and equipment requirements for each site.
- In conjunction with the Foremen, closely monitor quality and ensure that set standards are always achieved or exceeded.
- Manage sub-
contractors by identifying, evaluating, and selecting sub- contractors; monitoring and controlling their performance.
- Keep track and evaluate impact of change orders (Architect’s Instructions) and inform the Project Manager and Project Quantity Surveyor of the same.
- Periodically monitor project performance; planned versus actual and take corrective measures if project is falling behind schedule. Meet operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-
service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Give the Project Manager early warning if it is foreseen that the project will fall behind and provide solutions to mitigate the impact.
- Give the Project Manager early warning if it is foreseen that certain circumstances will impact the project schedule or cost.
- Ensure that there is zero tolerance to both manpower and material wastage. Ensure that pilferage is kept at minimum by implementing secure measures on site.
- Prevent fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing codes.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Suggest to the Client’s representative alternative methods and materials where employing such alternatives will improve efficiency and quality of the project.
- Maintenance management (routine and preventative maintenance of generators, concrete mixers, engines, carpentry and building equipment).
- Perform any other duties reasonably related to Site Agent’s position not covered in this Contract assigned to him from time to time.
Extensive proven experience in constructing multistory corporate buildings is a must (not residential)
Salary: 2K USD Tax Free
Email CVs to Mirriam Dzapasi: email@example.com
Offered Salary2K USD