Be part of us
Hemmersbach Rhino Force is a direct action organization dedicated to saving the African rhino from extinction. Rhino Force’s main activities comprise of Elite Anti-Poaching units to prevent killing of rhinos, preserving rhino genes in the world’s biggest rhino biobank and the Black Rhino Reintroduction to bring back rhinos to their historic homeland, the Zambezi Valley, Zimbabwe.
We are a privately funded and non-for-profit organization, which offers its services free of charge. We are completely independent from donors as we are a division of the IT service provider, Hemmersbach who provides 100% of our financing.
Wildlife Conversation is your passion and you strive to fight injustice.
As our Rhino Force General Manager in Zimbabwe, you will be responsible for leading all our activities– mainly in Middle Zambezi Valley. Your primary focus is developing, managing and expanding our 800km2 concession, known as Rifa, which you will later expand to the surrounding Zambezi Valley region.
Rhino Force stopped hunting on Rifa with the over-arching goal is to rehabilitate this area into its former glory prior and successfully re-introduce black rhino. Rifa is part of an ecologically diverse landscape in the Zambezian biome. The Zambezi River and the Escarpment that overlooks the Middle Zambezi Valley of which Rifa is a part flank it. The area is home to hundreds of bird species, baobab woodlands and wildlife including elephant, lion, leopard and buffalo.
Your key responsibilities are:
- To develop and execute an aggressive strategy for the rhinos in accordance with the existing
- Partnership Agreements with the Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and Rhino Force
- objectives for the entire Zambezi Valley.
- To represent Rhino Force Zimbabwe and develop relations as a key player in the protection
- of the Nation’s wildlife with community, government and other stakeholders (regional &
- Providing strategic leadership for regional community projects which aim to break poverty,
- provide opportunity and instill a sense of passion for conservation
- Leading and take responsibility for the Rhino Force Zimbabwe Team
- Ramping up an effective management of our anti-poaching and biobank operations in
- Generating and implementing strategy for the running of our concession to a high standard
- of performance.
- Managing wildlife populations and their habitats, which includes leading translocations and
- reintroductions of entire species or individuals
- Ensuring financial management processes and fiscal discipline is rigorously applied
- Providing effective representation to decision makers, stakeholders, and the media
- Recruiting of key team players essential to achieving Rhino Force’s goals
- Managing people and culture, actively encouraging an organisational culture that
- promotes Rhino Force values, inspires collaboration, and attracts, develops and retains
- talented, culturally aligned staff
- Problem and escalation management
- Excelling as a teacher, as much as you should as a leader
Your key skills are:
- A successful track record in Park management or similar duties
- An ability to successfully deal with the Zimbabwean Authorities as applicable, as well as understanding what is required to achieve the Rhino Force goals
- A demonstrated capacity to lead a fast-paced organization
- Good knowledge about laws and regulations
- Leadership experience and hands on mentality
- High expectations for work being conducted in a manner representing organizational values
- A desire to exhibit a diligent and intelligently applied work ethic directed at continual
- Good negotiation skills
- Enjoy challenging situations
- An ability to think creatively and find solutions to problems
- Knowledge or affinity for IT and technology
- Speak fluent English
- Availability and passion to stay in the bush onsite at Middle Zambezi Valley/Chirundu
The benefits you will receive are:
- Managing an 800 km² concession, which falls under the wildlife act with the option to expand
- Leading the first rhino reintroduction back to the Zambezi Valley since they were evacuated
- in the 1980 rhino wars.
- Being part of an elite organization
- Leading innovative hands on community projects with scalable potential.
- Lead a diverse team of passionate people who have dedicated themselves to a common,
- crucial goal.
- Being one of three key persons in the most ambitious conservation organization focused on
- Experience living in the bush in one of the beautiful areas in southern Africa
- An unlimited contract with an attractive salary and a benefit package
Have we sparked your interest? If so, we welcome your application. Please indicate your desired
salary and the earliest starting date. Please send your application documents in English language to firstname.lastname@example.org.