A company with diversified operations in Agriculture is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of General Manager that has arisen within their Agriculture operations.
Overall Job Purpose
Ensure growth and development by providing general management responsibilities, which include business planning, voice of customer, product management, pricing, forecasts, distribution and long-range planning. Duties also include directing and coordinating the activities of the division and developing the liaison role to crop production and or animal production.
Role & Responsibility
- Collect, organize and analyse business performance on an ongoing basis (e.g. retails, market share, shipments, and profitability).
- Confer with senior management to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develop business strategy (e.g. marketing, training, pricing, programs) alternatives and recommendations (aligned cross-regional and cross-functional) based on key factors along with investigation into entry into new markets.
- Present and gain leadership alignment on product and business strategy recommendations (e.g. product & technology roadmaps, pricing, sales program, forecast, product marketing).
- Develop plans and lead completion of team tasks (e.g. Long Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, budget, HR) including managing all team members per organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Lead or participate in department leadership activities (e.g. strategic team growth, talent management, succession planning, and change management).
- Provide strategic team direction, sponsor product / business strategy analysis and lead decision making (e.g. P&L, forecast, share).
Market & Competitor Analysis
- Capture and analyze market data (e.g. by industry, market, product, channel and/or region).
- Monitor, analyze and communicate competitor product intelligence (e.g. business strategy, new products, pricing data) to identify implications and differentiation opportunities for the Company’s strategy and products.
- In conjunction with Marketing, initiate and/or participate in market and product research activities to understand customer and dealer needs (Survey, Customer Visits, Focus Groups, Dealer Visits).
- Analyse market and product research (e.g. Voice of Customer / Dealer, features & benefits, operations strategy) to develop a long-range product strategy (customer and dealer experience targets) & to support product development activities.
Product Plan Development
- Develop and execute the long-range platform and crop (product) strategy that includes knowledge of current market conditions, product landscape, operations strategy and profitability along with investigating new product opportunities and organizing resources to achieve product development goals, maximize product profit and achieve market share goals.
- Understand operational issues & balance those aspects in the product planning process including quality, crop growing/ animal development complexity, and current process capability.
- Build business cases for products, understanding customer needs, competitor’s capabilities, and profit goals.
- Collaborate with diverse, multi-cultural teams to align on platform strategy and crop production plans along with providing proactive communication on progress for projects.
- In conjunction with the Board support the growing of crops or rearing of animals to fulfil the market needs and achieves the project goals.
- Monitor updates to the business case / financial measurements and overall project risks throughout the growth process.
- Refine existing or develop new agricultural processes
- Manage the day to day relationship with suppliers.
- Hire, supervise and develop Manager(s) / Crop Specialist(s).
- Participate in industry events and associations.
Qualification and Experience
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Masters is an added advantage
- 5+ years of experience in leadership role in agriculture
- Track record of performance
- Experience in building business plans and projecting/measuring Return On Investment
- Experience in conducting and compiling customer research
- Product (or related) development knowledge and operation experience
- Financial acumen
- Strong communication skills (team leadership, presentation ability, proactive focus due to geographies)
- Ability to manage cross functional teams
Interested applicants are requested to send their application letters together with their CVs and certified copies of qualifications to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without relevant certified copies will not be considered.
If you do not receive a reply within three (3) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Closing date for applications will be: 07 March 2020
Related Jobs (8)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time