As General Manager Corporate Banking for the Central Africa Building Society (CABS), you will be accountable for all operations in a business unit, achieving strategic objectives through other managers and their teams over periods of 1 to 2 years; set the direction for the unit and develop a business plan which is aligned to the segment strategy (consolidation of level 3 plans);
Integrate delivery and metrics across the people, process, finance and customer dimensions of the business at a strategic or tactical level;
Deliver on strategic projects as sponsor or owner.
- Manage direct (Operations Manager and Senior Specialists) and indirect reports (Team Leaders / Clerical staff);
- Accountable for thought leadership and best operating practice in response to external environment;
- Accountable for setting IT direction in own area of control. Strong focus on cross functional operation and networking across internal and external boundaries;
- Manage staff including managers at multiple levels, with a strong focus on direction setting and achieving operational results through building a strong operational management (Operations Manager) team, with support functions (Human Capital, communication, process management etc.)
Key Result Areas
- Generates potential client leads and converts into profitable clients.
- Produces clear account plans linked to client strategy.
- Maintains and builds a portfolio of clients with an acceptable risk/reward ratio, working within the confines of the risk management framework.
- Ensures the Bank’s credit/operational/reputational and compliance management risks are held to the highest standards of risk management.
- Ensures compliance with the Group’s standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and KYC.
- Monitors legal and regulatory developments that impact risk and lending policies in Zimbabwe.
Key Required Experience, Qualification and Skills
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Business Administration/Management
- Previous experience in a Corporate leadership role at executive level
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a corporate banking environment of which minimum 10 years should be of managing corporate client relationships.
- Ability to operate operationally, tactically and strategically
- Excellent technical knowledge including Account Strategy and Planning, Corporate Product Knowledge, Deal Structuring, Market Knowledge, Risk Management, Credit Risk Analysis
We are looking for an individual confident in:
Aligning performance for success, Information monitoring, Continuous renewal, Decision making, Gaining commitment, Ownership, Collaboration, Initiating action, Business awareness.
Why join us
If you are interested in applying your knowledge to a big picture and to real-world business problems, this position will appeal to you.
Ready to play an integral part in driving the growth of a dynamic, well established and leading Financial Services Group? Then you are ready for Old Mutual.
Closing date: 18 May 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (4)
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time