Hwange Colliery Company Limited (HCCL) explores mines, processes and markets coal, coke and associated by-products. We have been retained by HCCL to source fora suitable candidate to fill in the position a General Manager Operations that has arisen within their organization. The position, which reports to the Managing Director exists to guarantee shareholder value and to support the growth of the business objectives through effective use of all HCCL’s resources in order to achieve the overall operations and strategic direction of the company. Managing operations departments to ensure corporate objectives are achieved.
- Executes and implements strategics, policies and procedures in support of HICCL’s goals and objectives.
- Facilitates and integrates the outputs of the integrated plan, gap closing and business options analysis in order to ensure business competitiveness
- Improves business literacy and efficiencies within operations enabling individuals to focus on value creation through cost reduction, capacity increase and quality improvement.
- Oversee the health and safety issues for the entire business by facilitating, adequate control measures that eliminates any form of hazard.
- Reviews strategic performance and advises on corrective action to be taken by the company.
- Prepares and executes annual and life of mine budget plans.
- Acts as the representative of the Company to the corporate world.
- Secures and protects the company’s assets, including facilities and equipment.
- Develops and manages operations budget.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Mining Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering
- Masters in Business Administration
- 10 years mining experience, 5 of which are at senior management level.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- strong business acumen and financial literacy
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your latest curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of your qualifications to Lorimak Executive Recruitment Consultants on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by not later than 2 August 2020.