Location: Victoria Falls
Environment Africa is a Southern African NGO, founded in Zimbabwe in 1990, officially registered as a PVO in 1993, with regional offices in Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique. The organization’s vision is “A better environment that uplifts the livelihoods of current and future generations.” The organisation is implementing a “Child-led Climate change Adaptation and Action for Child-rights Promotion.” The project is focusing on summer crop production, small livestock, child protection and Human wildlife conflict. The organisation intends to engage a Graduate Agriculture Intern for an initial 3 months (1 January to 31 March 2021) with potential of renewal.
The Agriculture Intern supports the Field Officer in implementing the agriculture component of the project. She/He will be expected to provide efficient and effective extension services working with the targeted communities including schools. The incumbent will be based in Victoria Falls with frequent travel to nearby Chikandakubi, Kachecheti, Nemananga, Chidobe, Matetsi rural wards.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
- Planning and conducting crop production, nutrition and livestock management training;
- Provision of technical support to farmers;
- Work closely with the Project Officer in implementation of Human Wildlife Conflict activities;
- Documentation and report writing.
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in Agriculture, completed in 2017 or later.
- Fluent in English, Ndebele or Nambya or Tonga;
- Good communication and documentation skills;
- Ability to work with communities and maintain good relationships with target groups, community leaders and other stakeholders;
- Preferably a resident of Hwange district.
Please send a copy of your detailed CV with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Graduate Agriculture Intern” in the subject.
Please note: Only electronically submitted applications will be accepted.
Deadline: 18 December 2020