Indaba Agricultural Policy Research Institute (IAPRI)
The Zimbabwe Livelihoods and Food Security Programme (LFSP), a DFID funded programme being implemented by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in partnership with the Indaba Agricultural Policy Research Institute (IAPRI), a Policy Think Tank based in Zambia for policy research and outreach component, seeks a Graduate Intern-Data Specialist under LFSP Phase II. The programme which commenced in 2014 has been generating practice based evidence and partnered with IAPRI for policy research and outreach component. The rationale for the policy research and outreach component is to integrate LFSP evidence and research findings into national policy formulation and implementation in order to create a policy environment that accommodates the operations of smallholder farmers. The Graduate Intern will report directly to the Local Liaison Officer based in Harare and from time to time will work with IAPRI team in Lusaka.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To carry out assignments under IAPRI’s Business Development Program (BDU) under the supervision of the Research Director and Country Liaison Officer;
- Assist with carrying out analytical assessments during the implementation and operationalisation of the National Agricultural Policy Framework (NAPF);
- Assists NAPF pillar secretariats to carry out their tasks efficiently under the guidance of the Local Country Liaison Officer;
- Assist with organising meetings, workshops and report writing of all project related activities;
- Perform other activities as assigned by the Research Director (or his designate) and the Local Country Liaison Officer
- Recent post graduate in Agricultural Economics, Mathematics, Economics or any other relevant quantitative degree;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English;
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Ability to spend substantial time in the field;
- Experience with management of data using tools such as SQL, R Studio and Anaconda;
- Data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Matplotlib, ggplot;
- Data interoperability systems with focus on databases;
- Data analysis using applications such as Excel, SPSS, Stata, R Studio and other open source software.
- Knowledge of mobile data collection platforms including Kobo, ODK, Ona, CSPro etc;
- Working knowledge of mapping and GIS;
- Knowledge of WordPress based website management.
- The internship will be for a maximum period of seven (7) months.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24 February 2020
Related Jobs (9)
National Information and Communication Technology Manager on September 15, 2020 Full Time