Old Mutual, Zimbabwe’s largest diversified financial services Group is inviting applications from recent graduates to participate in a 24 months’ Graduate Trainee Programme. Successful applicants will undergo training within the Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (OMLAC).
- Assists in setting policies and standards for compliance.
- Supports staff on a day-to-day basis by responding to inquiries and queries from the regulator.
- Assists with the development of or revisions to policies and procedures.
- Works with staff members on embedding compliance monitoring program and provision of quarterly updates.
- Assists with the OMLAC AML programme, ensuring compliance with Sanctions screening requirements and monitoring of customer activity to identify suspicious activity, conduct investigations and prepare summary of any findings to the MLRO Officer for review. Ensuring timely submission of quarterly updates.
- Provides advice on compliance related matters, including assisting with due diligence.
- Investigates, tracks and monitors the implementation status of regulatory changes to ensure they are fully implemented and incorporated into policies and procedures within regulatory required periods. Provide monthly updates.
- Identifies the compliance universe and ensures that customers are treated fairly. Analyses the turnaround time for queries response.
- Promotes a compliance culture through effective training programmes.
- Reports to Head of Compliance, management and regulators as required.
- Hold an upper Second class degree (2.1) or better in a Compliance or related Degree.
- Be below the age of 26 years.
- Be effective at building relationships.
- Have a high level of business awareness.
- Be analytical and have good judgement.
- Have excellent planning and organising skills.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Why join us
If you are interested in applying your knowledge to a big picture and to real-world business problems, this position will appeal to you.
Appointment to substantive positions within the Group after training shall depend on the availability of vacancies and individual performance.
Closing date: 3 June 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.